Welcome to the Scotts Valley Senior Life Association (SVSLA) website. We hope you will use these pages to learn about our association, our goals, the projects in which we have been involved and the volunteers who keep the association functioning. One thing unique about SVSLA is there are no paid employees and no rent to pay! This means our expenses are very low, allowing nearly 100% of donations received to be used to directly help seniors living in the area of Scotts Valley, California. Perhaps you are ready to contribute to this cause. Just click this button to contribute. If you prefer, mailing your generous check is always appreciated.
Look, too, at the “About” section to meet the neighbors and friends who serve on the SVSLA Board of Directors. They are always looking for additional ways to help senior citizens in our area and would love to hear your ideas. Likely you have an idea for a project or know of a need they have not learned about as yet. Please share with them.
I’m looking forward to your support and ideas to help this great cause. Thank you!
—Dave Hodgin, President
SVSLA is a non-profit organization established to provide education and support relating to the health and welfare of senior citizens living in the area of Scotts Valley, California. We seek to enhance and add enjoyment to the lives of seniors in the community, provide educational opportunities with a focus on healthy living habits, and provide access to facilities that help seniors create their own healthy and fulfilling lives.
SVSLA News & Announcements
Sep 28, 2019
– SVSLA presents its 4th annual Scotts Valley Mayor’s “State of the City Address.” Hear city officials discuss fiscal sustainability initiatives, long-term community planning efforts, town center, city-wide development activity and more. Read more…
Aug 3, 2019
– Mark your calendars for SVSLA’s next workshop, “Nutrition Essentials for Seniors.” Holistic Nutritionist, Richard B. Goldberg, PhD, will discuss the latest research findings about the benefits of specific nutrients. Read more…
Jul 1, 2019
– Make a tax-deductible donation of $25 or more to SVSLA and receive a DVD (video recording) of our recent “Alternative & Complimentary Medicine Program.”
Jun 24, 2019
– Montevalle raised funds and SVSLA provided a matching grant to purchase an exercise machine for Montevalle residents.
Jun 19, 2019
– Send SVSLA your ideas about how we might improve our services to seniors in the Scotts Valley area by completing the SVSLA Interest Survey today…
Mar 16, 2019
Mar 14, 2016
– Montevalle Community Life (MCL) has grown. In recognition, we have a new name, Scotts Valley Senior Life Association (SVSLA), which reflects our service to senior citizens living in the broader Scotts Valley area, while our Mission remains unchanged.