Welcome to the Scotts Valley Senior Life Association (SVSLA) website. We hope you will use these pages to learn about our association, our goals, the projects in which we have been involved and the volunteers who keep the association functioning. One thing unique about SVSLA is there are no paid employees and no rent to pay! This means our expenses are very low, allowing nearly 100% of donations received to be used to directly help seniors living in the area of Scotts Valley, California. Perhaps you are ready to contribute to this cause. Just click this button to contribute. If you prefer, mailing your generous check is always appreciated.
Look, too, at the “About” section to meet the neighbors and friends who serve on the SVSLA Board of Directors. They are always looking for additional ways to help senior citizens in our area and would love to hear your ideas. Likely you have an idea for a project or know of a need they have not learned about as yet. Please share with them.
I’m looking forward to your support and ideas to help this great cause. Thank you!
—Dave Hodgin, President
SVSLA News & Announcements
Sep 28, 2019
– SVSLA presents its 4th annual “Scotts Valley Mayor’s State of the City Address.” Hear city officials discuss topics such as fiscal sustainability initiatives, long-term community planning efforts, town center, city-wide development activity and more. Read more…
Aug 3, 2019
– Mark your calendars for SVSLA’s next event with Holistic Nutritionist, Richard B. Goldberg, PhD, as he discusses “Nutrition Essentials for Senior Citizens.” Dr. Goldberg will discuss research findings about the benefits of specific nutritional items. Read more…
Mar 16, 2019
– This SVSLA-sponsored educational Alternative & Complementary Medicine Program featured a panel of experts in the fields of acupuncture, herbal medicine, medical marijuana and nutrition. Watch the video…
– SVSLA has teamed up with the Scotts Valley Unified School District to offer senior citizens volunteer opportunities in our local schools. Your unique skills and interests will be matched with a volunteer position that is meaningful to you. Read more…
Sep 22, 2018
– If you missed this informative event with Scotts Valley city officials, view videos of their live presentations at the 3rd annual SVSLA-sponsored Scotts Valley Mayor’s “State of the City Address.”
Mar 14, 2016
– Montevalle Community Life (MCL) has grown. In recognition, we have a new name, Scotts Valley Senior Life Association (SVSLA), which reflects our service to senior citizens living in the broader Scotts Valley area, while our Mission remains unchanged.
SVSLA is a non-profit organization established to provide education and support relating to the health and welfare of senior citizens living in the area of Scotts Valley, California. We seek to enhance and add enjoyment to the lives of seniors in the community, provide educational opportunities with a focus on healthy living habits, and provide access to facilities that help seniors create their own healthy and fulfilling lives.