List of O–P–E–N Essential Scotts Valley BusinessesAs posted on the Scotts Valley Chamber of Commerce website:
Grocery ShoppingGroceries are an essential need, yet many seniors are fearful of being exposed to COVID-19 at grocery stores by respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. To accommodate senior citizens age 65 and over and people who have a serious chronic medical condition or a compromised immune system, many local grocery stores have designated special early morning shopping hours for this group of people. The idea is that there will be fewer shoppers during these hours which will allow for greater distance between shoppers.
- Ben Lomond Market: 8:00am—9:00am Wednesday
- Costco (60+ years old): 8:00am—9:00am Tuesday & Thursday
- Mountain Mike’s Pizza, Round Table Pizza, and others will deliver their food to your doorstep.
- Nob Hill Scotts Valley does not offer senior hours but offers “Senior Essential Bags” for curbside or in-store pickup, as well as online ordering with ecart on their website
- Safeway Scotts Valley: 6:00am—9:00am daily
- Safeway Felton: 7:00am—9:00am Tuesday & Thursday
- Scotts Valley Market: 8:00am—9:00am Saturday & Sunday
- Walgreens Scotts Valley: 8:00am—9:00am Tuesday
- Walgreens “drive-thru”: drive up, select items from a restricted menu of available items (e.g., household goods, pain relief, cough & cold, medical supplies), park your car, and Walgreens staff will assemble and deliver your order to your car
- Wild Roots Felton: 9:00am—10:00am Monday through Friday
- If possible, don’t touch items unless you intend to buy them.
- Use the sanitizing wipes provided by a store (if available), to wipe the handle of your cart or basket
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds—i.e., wet, lather, scrub, rinse, dry—or use a hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol before and after you go to the store.
- Avoid touching your, eyes, nose, mouth and face.
- Wear disposable gloves (and avoid touching your face).
- Wear a disposable face mask. If you chose to make your own, here are easy instructions.
- Keep at least 6 feet distance from others.
- Clean items after buying them with a disinfectant wipe, household disinfectant or very diluted bleach/water solution.
- Avoid paying with cash. Use a credit card, Apple Pay or other contactless payment service.
Pet Grooming — curbsideOur pets still need grooming, pandemic or not. By appointment only (call 831-708-1016), Earthwise Pet Supply on Mt. Hermon Road in Scotts Valley, will meet you and your pet at the curb, take your pet inside to be groomed, and phone you later when your pet is groomed and ready to be picked up (at the curb). Contactless electronic payments preferred.
Grocery Delivery ServiceConsider hiring a delivery service that works with many local stores and restaurants to deliver your groceries to your door. These online delivery services will deliver your groceries to your doorstep. Visit their websites to identify the stores and restaurants near your for which they deliver.
- Safeway: delivers groceries to your door. Order online at www.safeway.com
- Instacart: www.instacart.com, provides items from New Leaf, Target, Lucky, Raleys, BevMo, CVS, Safeway and Costco
- Doordash: www.doordash.com, delivers meals from local restaurants
- Grubhub: www.grubhub.com, delivers meals from local restaurants
- Uber Eats: www.ubereats.com, delivers food from many local restaurants
- Postmates: www.postmates.com, delivers food, supplies, almost anything you need to your doorstep
- Togos offers “curbside delivery” at their store to your car.
- Erik’s DeliCafe offers curbside delivery. Order online and your order will be delivered to your car at their store location.
- Walgreens “free shipping” (with no minimum order): shop online and get your order delivered to your door
- Ask your neighbors whether they may have children or grandchildren who will shop for and deliver your groceries to your doorstep.
Note: The services listed above are subject to change.
Delivery service tips:
- Ask delivery drivers to drop-off your food at your door or other location; then retrieve your food after they leave
- Wash your hands before and after retrieving your delivery item
- For an abundance of caution, empty the food in the delivery containers into your own dishes and dispose of the restaurant containers
- Use your own utensils